6 FAVORITE PUMPKIN CARVINGS
Every year, we LOVE carving pumpkins for a couple of reasons.
- We love the spooky-ness it adds to our front porch.
- We love trying out new pumpkin carvings – hoping we don’t massacre a perfect pumpkin with our amateur experience.
- We LOVE toasting the pumpkin seeds in the oven for a perfectly salty, tasty snack (recipe below!).
We’ve rounded up some of our favorite – and easy – pumpkin carvings with links to the stencils for y’all to try, because I Love That For You.
Michael carved this pizza slice into a pumpkin three years ago to express his true love for all things pizza. It’s a perfect carving for a beginner whilst appearing more advanced.
How could we not carve a pineapple into a pumpkin when living in Charleston, South Carolina? Easy answer. We must and we did. This was a little more advanced but still doable if you take your time!
Nothing screams Millennial like an emoji pumpkin carving. Have some fun this year and show off just how cool you are with this Sunglasses Emoji pumpkin.
This zombie pumpkin carving is so freaking cute, we just can’t get enough. We know, we know. Halloween is all about the spooks, but this is too cute not to include. Also v perfect for beginners!
While this carving is one of the more advanced carvings on the list, it’s still not too hard. It’s also one of our favorite animated characters, so we had to include it.
Classic Grinning Jack
It wouldn’t be a pumpkin carving roundup without including the classic grinning jack-o-lantern. While Michael’s carving turned out…interesting, we promise it’s perfect for a pumpkin carving newbie.
Of course, we can’t leave y’all without the roasted pumpkin seeds recipe!
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Toss seeds in a bowl with the 2 teaspoons of melted butter, salt, garlic salt (to taste), and a dash of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Spread the seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stir occasionally until ready.
Now y’all go grab your knives and get to carving. Be bold and have some fun, because #ILoveThatForYou.